Wednesday, August 17, 2011

7 New Additions

So.  Like the last post, this will be a short one also. Seriously.  Last night, I’m down in Portland doing a delivery when I get a text from Christine at 7:08 that just says, “1 piglet”.  This meant that shortly after I left home the first one arrived.  This was quickly followed by #2 through #6.  I arrived back in time to greet #7 and help calm Zubenelgenubi  as she finished up the birthing process.  Three males and four females.

7 Dwarfs, I mean Red Wattles

The larger home she’s residing in made things much easier for all concerned.  Room for Charlie, Christine, myself, and a swollen sow along with a few cold ones and a pizza box.  And lighting.  Much smoother process.  By 11:15 all was done.  Kids were sleeping (about an hour at a time) and Christine bedded down with Zube ‘til morning.  We’ll get some more pictures up over the next few days.

1 comment: